I have a passion for good books, and because business and success are my passions, those topics are my favorites. I wonder, do they give trophies for reading 5,000+ books?
Books offer fresh perspective and insight, and when acted on greater success. Because success on the outside begins with success on the inside. And there’s no better way to change your inside than by reading a good book.
That being said, there are millions of books written on the topic of business and success and I’m often asked, “which books do you recommend?” I like the question because I have favorites in each category that answer just about every question a person could ask about business and life success.
These thirteen books have made a huge impact on me personally. In fact, they’re the best I’ve ever read.
- Purpose: Good to Great. Jim Collins
- Leadership: Leadership and Self-Deception. Harbinger Institute
- Effectiveness: The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. Covey
- Business: Mastering the Rockefeller Habits. Verne Harnish
- Marketing: Permission Marketing. Seth Godin
- Mindset: The Magic of Thinking Big. David Schwartz
- Quality of Life: Living the 80/20 Way. Richard Koch
- Empowerment: Now Discover Your Strengths. Marcus Buckingham
- Productivity: Getting Things Done. David Allen
- Conflict Resolution: Fierce Conversations. Susan Scott
- Mastery: Practice Perfect. Doug Lemov.
- Finishing Strong: The War of Art. Steven Pressfield
- Spirituality: Love Wins. Rob Bell
Question: What business books have been crucial to your success?